Mount Carmel Animal Hospital Financial Policy
It is our goal to serve you in every way possible, including making your financial experience clear, understandable and easy to navigate. We are committed to excellence in care and service for every patient, every client, every visit. In order to support this high standard of care, we offer a broad spectrum of services, expertise, equipment and procedures to give your pet the best possible care. We want you to understand each step of your pet’s care, both the services you receive and the associated costs. We encourage you to discuss fees with our staff before services are rendered.
We always strive to provide you with the recommendations that our professional staff believes best serve your pet’s health, your needs and comfort level. We do understand that sometimes financial restrictions apply and must be taken into consideration when making treatment decisions. In these cases, we will attempt to provide alternative treatment plans whenever possible. We have no desire to extend a client beyond his/her financial means or comfort level.
We may not be able to provide a treatment plan and estimate for patients with issues diagnosed elsewhere until we examine the patient and any supporting lab work or radiographs ourselves.
- Payment in full is due at the time of service. MCAH accepts cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. All personal checks require a valid driver’s license. A $30 fee is charged for any returned checks.
- Health Care financing credit cards allow you to begin treatment immediately and pay over time. Wells Fargo Health Advantage and Care Credit are both accepted by many veterinary and human healthcare providers. Depending on your pre-approved credit limit, both cards can be used repeatedly without reapplying.
- Wells Fargo Health Advantage offers flexible payment plans including No Interest for 6 months and No Interest for 12 months. Click HERE to Apply or for More Information
- Care Credit offers No Interest for 6 months. Click HERE to Apply or for More Information
- Pre-approval for health care financing program enables pet owners to deal with emergency situations should they arise. While emergencies situations are not planned, pet owners can plan ahead to be prepared to handle them should they arise.
- Mount Carmel Animal Hospital offers a Senior Discount on most services for clients aged 65 and over. Please speak with an MCAH team member for details.
- A deposit may be required for some procedures including specialty surgeries.
- Default on payments due, including checks returned for insufficient funds, are subject to legal action as allowed by law. Finance charges accrue 1.5% monthly (18% annual rate). Collection fees, bookkeeping fees and billing charges may also be incurred.
- Missed appointments may be subject to a fee equal to the cost of exam.