Mount Carmel Animal Hospital is proud to support our local community and the animal welfare community. We support:
- The Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter (BARCS) is a nonprofit shelter that accepts and cares for all animals in need and promotes responsible pet ownership for a more humane community in Baltimore City.
- Dr. Paul Fox, MCAH Practice Owner, sits on the BARCS Board of Directors, and is an active supporter of the important and inspiring work that the staff and volunteers at BARCS do every day.
- MCAH is a Franky Fund Partner, providing emergency care and specialized medical care to homeless animals in need. To date, MCAH has provided care to almost 150 BARCS pets.
- For more information on BARCS, volunteer opportunities, pets for adoption and or to make a donation please visit www.BaltimoreAnimalShelter.org
- Did you know there is a Blood Bank for animals? There is! And MCAH is proud to be one of their donor centers.
- Blue Ridge Veterinary Blood Bank (BRVBB) provides life-saving blood products to MCAH and other veterinary hospitals across the United States.
- All canine donors live with their families who volunteer to bring their pets in to donate blood. Canine donors are not sedated, muzzled or forced into donations. Donor dogs came in all sizes and breeds.
- Find out more about BRVBB and how YOU can help by visiting their website at www.brvbb.com
Visit the Herford Volunteer Fire Company website at www.herefordfire.org
- MCAH often takes on a student intern form the local high school who is interested in learning more about careers in veterinary medicine.
- MCAH sponsors athletic teams at all levels.