October 29th is National Cat Day! When you introduce a cat into your home, there are so many benefits. Today, we’re going to discuss these benefits and how to adopt a furry feline friend and care for one, and how you can celebrate National Cat Day.
The Benefits of Owning a Cat
Cats fit well into any environment, whether it’s a small apartment or a large home. It doesn’t take much space to entertain a cat, just some stimulating toys and a cozy place for them nap. These feline friends can stay occupied for hours, are very independent, and have a long lifespan when they’re at their healthiest. Plus, most importantly, there are many health and wellbeing benefits that you can look forward to when you own a cat, such as lower stress and anxiety, less loneliness, and a sense of purpose.
How to Adopt a Furry, Feline Friend
BARCS is open for adoption services on Wednesdays and Sundays by appointment only. You can reach BARCS by emailing them at [email protected] or calling 410-396-4695. There are many adorable feline friends that you can bring home. BARCS has pictures and descriptions of various new potential pets. If you see a fur baby you are interested in, all you have to do is fill out the adoption application before your appointment.
How to Care for a Cat
- Make sure to spend plenty of time with your fur baby and keep them stimulated (but safe)
- Feed your feline friend a healthy diet and make sure to keep fresh water around
- Ensure your cat stays vaccinated against common feline diseases
- Bring your fur baby to MCAH annually for a wellness check
- Microchip your cat
How You Can Honor National Cat Day
- Share pictures of your adorable cat on social media using the hashtag #NationalCatDay
- Donate food, blankets, and toys to animal welfare organizations
- Make a dedication to your cat’s health and wellbeing.
- Volunteer at and donate to BARCS – BARCStoberfest is tomorrow and you can still donate here!
- Buy your cat a new fun toy.
- Bake tuna cookies for your cat
- Have a cat-themed movie night with the family (e.g., The Secret Life of Pets or The Aristocats).
Here at Mount Carmel Animal Hospital, We’ll Treat Your Pets Like Family!
Mount Carmel Animal Hospital has been serving the Northern Baltimore/Southern York community for over 30 years and is proud to be an independently operated, small animal practice committed to excellence in veterinary medicine and client service. From grooming to wellness services, along with Canine Life Skills Training Courses, and surgical procedures, we have the expertise that will best serve the needs of you and your pet. Contact us at 410-343-0200 and follow us on Facebook!